Do you know your obligations when managing an individual’s information in your organisation? Are you aware of what constitutes personal or sensitive information?
This course provides legally compliant training to ensure that workers and organisations meet their obligations under the Privacy Act and the 12 Information Privacy Principles.
Written in consultation with leading law firm Simpson Grierson, the content is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise relevant workplace legislation.
This course covers the following topics:
- sources of privacy law and the importance of privacy law
- application of Privacy Principles when collecting, using, storing and disclosing private information
- what constitutes a breach of privacy law
- the consequences of breaching privacy law
- how to manage breaches of privacy.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- define the 12 Information Privacy Principles
- identify their obligations to uphold the Principles
- apply the Information Privacy Principles in the workplace
- identify what constitutes a breach of privacy
- list the consequences of breaching privacy law
- outline how to manage breaches of privacy law.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of privacy breaches
- better protect its brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of privacy
- deliver comprehensive and cost-effective privacy training to a wide range of workers.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 30 minutes to complete.