Do you know that you have a role to play in creating and maintaining a safe workplace? Would you know what to do if there was a safety incident in your workplace?
This course provides legally compliant training to ensure that workers and organisations meet their obligations under work health and safety laws.
Written in consultation with leading law firm Simpson Grierson, the content is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise relevant workplace legislation.
This course covers the following topics:
- work health and safety rights and responsibilities
- the causes of workplace accidents and injuries
- strategies for preventing workplace accidents and injuries
- consultation and communication
- office hazards
- office injuries and prevention.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- identify, assess, control and monitor hazards encountered in an office environment
- report workplace hazards
- identify the importance of effective consultation and communication, and follow up on any issues identified
- outline remedial action they can take when affected by workplace hazards
- prevent Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS)
- describe the risks associated with inappropriate consumption of alcohol and drugs.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- protect company brand and reputation
- promote the importance of a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 30 minutes to complete.