This program provides legally compliant training to ensure that workers and organisations meet their obligations under the Fair Trading Act, Commerce Act and Consumer Guarantees Act.
Written in consultation with leading law firm Simpson Grierson, the content in these courses is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise relevant workplace legislation.
By implementing this program your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of consumer law breaches
- better defend any claims relating to consumer law breaches
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of consumer law
- have access to cost-effective consumer law training for all workers.
The content contained in this program is suitable for:
- workers, with a focus on executives and board members across all industries
- workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
Courses available in program
- The purpose and enforcement of the Commerce Act
- Prohibited conduct
- Key tests of market and competition
- Penalties for breach of the Commerce Act
- The role of the Commerce Commission in relation to mergers
- The role and powers of the Commerce Commission
- Enforcement of the Commerce Act
- Maximum penalties for breach of the Commerce Act
- The purpose of the Fair Trade Act, Consumer Guarantees Act and Commerce Act
- The purpose of the Fair Trade Act
- Deceptive or misleading conduct
- False, misleading and unsubstantiated representations
- Unfair contract terms
- Penalties and remedies
|| 90 minutes