We all have an obligation to contribute to a safe workplace and look out for the safety of those around us.
This course introduces learners to the legal framework surrounding work health and safety responsibilities and introduces practical advice for keeping everyone in the workplace safe. The course also outlines common hazards found in an office environment and offers guidance on how to prevent injury.
This course covers the following topics:
- Health and safety legislative framework
- Roles and responsibilities
- Identifying risks and hazards in your office
- Common office hazards
- Common office injuries
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify common office hazards and risks
- Assess hazards and risks in the workplace
- Understand employer/employee legal obligations in an office environment
- Identify the importance of effective consultation and communication
- Apply organisational health and safety policies to ensure a safe workplace for everyone.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- Minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution due to health and safety–related claims
- Minimise increases in the cost of WorkCover premiums related to such claims
- Reduce the risk of reputational damage arising from the reporting of work health and safety incidents
- Promote the importance of a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for all workers in your organisation.
Approximately 90 minutes