Would you recognise discrimation in your organisation? Would you know how to respond to an allegation of discrimination?
This course will provide managers and executives with the legally compliant training required to respond appropriately to allegations of discrimination and mitigate the risk of legal action being taken against their organisation.
This course is intended to complement foundational equal opportunity training. It builds on definitions and legislative context that would typically be covered in such training.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios and interactive decision points to demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviour.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce incidents of discrimination in the workplace
- better defend any claims relating to discrimination in the workplace
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to discrimination in the workplace
- have access to cost-effective training for all employees.
This course covers the following topics:
- legal protections around discrimination
- vicarious liability
- special measures
- occupational requirements
- risk mitigation
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- identify the costs of discrimination to an organisation and its workers
- recognise the extent of legal protections around discrimination
- recognise legal adjustments and exemptions to discrimination liabilities
- identify specific management responsibilities and liabilities around discrimination
- outline the reasonable steps to take to mitigate the risk of adverse legal action
- outline key steps to take when handling allegations of discrimination.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public and private sector organisations
- executives and board members
- any worker with a managerial responsibility.
Approximately 15 minutes.