Are you confident that your communications are as clear as they could be? Are they being understood by the receiving audience in the way you intend?
This course is designed to help workplace leaders identify the purpose, context and desired outcome of communication, craft and deliver the organisational message, and take follow-up actions to continually improve communications performance.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to demonstrate effective leadership communication.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- increase employee engagement with the organisational culture
- improve staff retention rates by fostering stronger interpersonal relationships
- increase efficiency and promote alignment to organisational strategy
- enhance productivity by ensuring leaders communicate effectively.
This course covers the following topics:
- identifying the organisational context for communication
- crafting the organisational message and engaging in communication activities as a leader
- taking follow-up actions to ensure the aims of the organisation are achieved.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- identify the communication context and purpose
- identify target audience characteristics and needs
- identify communication stakeholders, goals and objectives
- overcome potential barriers to communication
- deliver a clear and compelling message
- identify opportunities for improvement and take follow-up actions
- recognise how communication contributes to achieving the strategic goals of an organisation.
The content contained in this course is suitable for leaders:
- in the public and private sector
- across all industries
- at all levels of an organisation.
Approximately 30 minutes