This course introduces learners to the skills and knowledge relevant to develop and monitor the implementation of an organisation’s operational plan to provide efficient and effective workplace practices. It covers developing and monitoring an operational plan that promotes productive and profitable work practices, as well as how to consult with staff members and managers to get relevant information for the plan. Measuring an operational plan against key performance indicators, contingency planning and presenting and negotiating recommendations for changes to the operational plan are also covered.
- Developing the operational plan
- Planning and managing resource acquisition
- Monitoring and reviewing performance.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Analyse business operations
- Review the regulatory context
- Develop targets and performance measures
- Propose resource requirements
- Define consultation
- Implement operational plans
- Manage risk and develop contingency plans
- Develop a recruitment strategy
- Provide support for sourcing, assessing, inducting and training new employees
- Acquire physical resources
- Identify requirements and suppliers
- Evaluate suppliers
- Describe competitive tendering
- Place orders
- Describe how to protect intellectual property
- Define and explain continuous improvement
- Develop and implement monitoring systems
- Monitor budgetary and financial performance
- Monitor productivity
- Implement performance management
- Present and negotiate recommendations
- Document and report on performance.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Ensure employees have the skills and knowledge to develop, measure and monitor the
- implementation of their operational plan
- Increase efficiency by promoting productive and profitable work practices
- Address problems or improvement opportunities
- Improve resource efficiency to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It applies specifically to people leading teams and those responsible for creating and supporting the operational plan.
Approximately 90 minutes