This course introduces learners to the skills and knowledge relevant to implementing continuous improvement. Modern workplaces must continually improve products, processes and services to stay competitive.
- Introduction to continuous improvement
- Implement continuous improvement systems
- Monitor progress and keep improving.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify continuous improvement principles
- Identify and explain continuous improvement systems and techniques
- Get people engaged and participating in continuous improvement
- Identify methods for communicating with individuals and with teams
- Explain the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Apply effective techniques when implementing continuous improvement
- Monitor and review progress of plans and operational processes
- Translate customer needs into organisational processes and measures
- Formulate recommendations to improve processes
- Communicate the recommendations to the appropriate stakeholders
- Document work performance to help identify future opportunities
- Manage the records created by the continuous improvement process.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Identify and streamline process improvements
- Address problems or improvement opportunities to consistently deliver enhanced performance
- Encourage a culture of creativity and innovation
- Ensure structures, systems and processes are flexible and responsive
- Enhance their brand and reputation.
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It applies specifically to people leading teams, aspiring leaders and those responsible for implementing continuous improvement programs.
Approximately 90 minutes.