This course introduces learners to the skills and knowledge required to understand diversity, diversity legislation, diversity in the work environment, and working together. It covers sensitive responses to, and interactions with, all manner of diversity that might be encountered during the course of work.
- Background knowledge about diversity
- Diversity legislation
- Workplace codes of conduct
- Policies and procedures
- Diversity in the work environment
- Working together.
- On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognise diversity
- Respond appropriately to difference
- Avoid assumptions
- Define and explain diversity in the workplace
- Define and explain equity and access
- Recognise diversity legislation
- Identify and explain workplace codes of conduct, policies and procedures
- Evaluate the physical environment
- Discuss workplace culture
- Recognise the value of diverse teams
- Use inclusive communication
- Resolve misunderstandings.
- Organisations implementing this course will:
- Create an understanding of diversity
- Foster a culture of diversity and inclusiveness
- Decrease conflict in the workplace
- Enhance their brand and reputation.
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide.
Approximately 60 minutes.