This course provides health professionals with an understanding of the anatomy and function of the eye, the five main eye conditions and an introduction to eye health and vision care.
- The anatomy and function of the eye
- Five common eye conditions
- Eye health and vision care
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the eye
- Outline the five most common eye conditions in Australia
- Recognise key steps to aid people with vision impairment
- Identify the importance of a proactive approach to eye care
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Increase the duty of care provided to clients with vision impairment
- Increase awareness of the impact of vison loss
- Enhance the diagnosis and correct referral of clients with eye conditions. Target audience This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It is aimed at health professiona
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It is aimed at health professionals in general practice.
Approximately one hour.