Would you know if you’d breached Australia’s privacy laws? Do you know how to handle sensitive information in your workplace?
This course has been designed to provide compliance training about workers’ obligations under federal privacy legislation. In this course, you will learn how to collect, use, store and disclose personal information in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
Legal content is contextualised for learners via:
- Real-world scenarios based on case law
- Character point-of-view insights
- Interactive decision points
- Emotional connections to human stories.
This course is created in partnership with award-winning Australian law firm Lander & Rogers.
Organisations implementing this course can:
- Reduce the incidence of breaches of privacy law
- Protect their organisational brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of privacy law
- Deliver comprehensive and cost-effective privacy training to a wide range of individuals in the workplace
- Strengthen employee engagement by implementing best practice compliance with privacy laws.
- The purpose of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988
- Organisations governed by the Privacy Act
- The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)
- Preventing breaches of privacy law
- How to identify and manage a privacy breach
- Consequences of breaching the Privacy Act
- Role of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the sources of privacy law in Australia and why privacy law is important
- Identify what information is protected by privacy law and subject to additional regulation
- Apply the appropriate privacy guidelines when collecting, using, storing and disclosing private information
- Identify how privacy law might be breached
- List the consequences of breaching privacy law
- Outline how to manage breaches of privacy.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- Public- and private-sector workers
- Workers, executives and board members across all industries
- Workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
Approximately 45 minutes.
Written in partnership with