Would you know what to do in the event of an emergency in your workplace? Do you regularly test and adapt your emergency plan?
This course has been designed to provide legally compliant information about emergency management in the workplace. It provides a high-level overview of the principles of risk assessment, legal obligations, including duty of care, and basic emergency management planning for a range of potential emergencies, such as bushfires, bomb threats, chemical spills and gas leaks.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and relevant policies
- raise awareness about the need to assess risk and plan for potential emergencies in the workplace
- mitigate risk in the event of an emergency
- protect organisational brand and reputation
- foster a safe workplace.
This course covers the following topics:
- definition of emergency management
- risk assessment
- hierarchy of control measures
- legal obligations
- emergency management planning for a range of potential emergencies in the workplace.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- define emergency management
- identify their legal responsibilities and obligations to ensure a safe workplace for everyone
- respond appropriately to a range of potential emergencies in the workplace.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public and private sector workers
- workers across all industries
- workers at all levels of an organisation.
Approximately 30 minutes