In order to ensure that we meet and maintain our Privacy standards, we have appointed a Privacy Officer. Should you wish to contact us in relation to Privacy, please email us at email@example.com
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
What Information Do We Collect?
Learning Seat collects different information about you at different times. There are two broad categories of information that we collect from you:
Information we require to supply our services.
When you first sign up or contract with Learning Seat for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, email details of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online).
Personal information stored on a web site hosted by Learning Seat.
Learning Seat will have personal information stored on our servers due to the nature of the service we provide. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by Learning Seat in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law.
How Do We Use Personal Information We Have Collected?
We collect and use your personal information to operate our web site and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with:
- technical support
- billing and credit control
- sales support
- product upgrades and
You may stop the delivery of future promotional email from Learning Seat by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
- identify the source of new customers to Learning Seat;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
- maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and to reestablish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within six months after having terminated your account;
- monitor your compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy and other terms and conditions of supply;
We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. Learning Seat does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Learning Seat) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only if:
- we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Learning Seat;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Learning Seat’s services, its web site, our staff or the public.
Learning Seat has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
You can elect to provide your details via our secure web server which encrypts information. Please note that this encryption is only available if you choose to use the encrypted form (SSL Security). If you use the normal form, encryption will not take place and we cannot assure the security of your details.
Other Disclosure By You
You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
If you collect personal information which you keep on servers provided by Learning Seat as part of our service to you, you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.
Our technical expertise comes from extensive experience in IT and web environments. Our instructional design know-how comes from our experience as trainers and managers.
How To Access & Correct Your Personal Information
From time to time you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment which you can access through your access code (provided this function has been enabled). If you have any concerns or difficulties with carrying out these changes, you should contact us via the contact details provided at our website.
If you contact us via telephone, you will need to answer a few security questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.