Retail Excellence is a suite of fully animated online courses. The suite comprises 16 titles designed to develop customer service and sales capabilities of people working in customer-focused roles.
A trial close is a technique used in the customer interaction (CI) process to test the customer’s readiness to make a purchasing decision. A trial close usually takes the form of a question and asks for the customer’s opinion on different aspects of a recommendation. These responses, depending on whether they are mostly favourable or not, help determine the most appropriate time to finalise the transaction.
- The scientific method
- Trial closing
- Trial closes and hypothesis testing
- Experimental test results
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a trial close
- Identify the appropriate time to make a trial close
- Select effective trial close statements and questions.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Increase sales conversion rates by empowering workers to more effectively and consistently check for buying signals during customer interactions.
This course is designed for any worker in your organisation that interacts with customers and can influence their buying decisions.