This course will provide employers and employees with a simple step-by-step guide to understanding, planning, implementing and maintaining visual merchandising standards in a retail store. Written in consultation with the Australian Retailers Association, the course aims to help retailers best represent their product, attract customer interaction and maximise profitability.
- Visual merchandising overview
- Being a merchant
- Understanding your customer
- Space management and assessing layout
- Window and display areas
- Ticketing and signage
- Promotional implementation
- Problem stock
- Maintaining the standards.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognise the importance of maintaining store presentation
- Recognise the role of a merchandiser
- Identify the key issues in visual merchandising
- Discuss merchandising principles that help to manage these key issues
- Relate merchandising principles to relevant in store examples.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Raise awareness of effective visual merchandising techniques
- Increase the effectiveness of how products are represented in store
- Attract greater customer interaction
- Maximise profitability
- Enhance their brand and reputation
- Have access to cost-effective visual merchandising training for all employees.
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It is specifically aimed at workers in retail stores – from department stores to supermarkets.
Approximately one hour.