I know it’s a cliché but this year seems to have flown. It has been a very big year for Learning Seat and one that we can look back on with pride at what we have achieved and a sense of excitement about what the future holds.
Some of the achievements I’d like to highlight are as follows:
- We took a very brave step a couple of years ago in developing ‘The S.A.F.E. Files’, which used a graphic narrative approach to deliver compliance training in a radically different way. To be honest, we were not 100 per cent sure how the market and our customers would react, but in hindsight we needn’t have worried, as it was a resounding success. We receive a lot of feedback, but, in particular, we are regularly told that:
- The focus on behaviour change rather than just risk mitigation piece is advantageous
- The shorter seat times are appreciated
- The modules are engaging and different from typical compliance training.
- Even though ‘The S.A.F.E. Files’ have been very successful for us, we understood that some customers felt the suite would not suit their business or staff. To ensure we remain connected and relevant, we also developed a more traditional compliance suite, known as ‘Compliance essentials’. By offering ‘The S.A.F.E. Files’ and ‘Compliance essentials’, we were able to cater to the business objectives of all clients and the learning needs of all learners.
- We’ve made significant adjustments to our Account Management approach to ensure we place a greater emphasis on looking after our customers’ needs and making ourselves a company that is easy to do business with.
- We’ve been investing heavily in our library to develop new content, and seeking partnerships with other content providers to ensure our library is extensive, relevant and up to date.
- We’ve been actively recruiting staff who come from a strong L&D background to ensure we see e-learning from the perspective of our customers.
- We’ve strengthened our legal partnership with Lander & Rogers to ensure our compliance suite is the best in the market and always up to date.
- We’ve developed partnerships with companies like Peoplestreme to deliver our content to a wider market through other LMS providers.
- We’ve trained all our staff in the legendary service program (a robust customer service training program).
- We’ve conducted an extensive client survey to understand what our clients need now and in the future.
- We’ve continued to invest in new technology to support our business.
To our customers: our primary goal is to ensure we provide you with highly relevant and engaging online training that helps you become better businesses. In 2015 we will continue to invest in our people and technology, and listen to you to understand what you need to ensure we are a partner of choice.
From everyone at Learning Seat, we hope you have a very happy and safe Christmas and New Year.