Is your workplace promoting a safety culture for all of your workers? Are there strategies in your workplace to ensure that your workers know how to reduce and respond to risks? 2016 marks 24 years of WorkSafe Health and Safety Month, and workplaces across Australia are striving ever harder to reach excellent safety standards and awareness within their organisations.
In 2015, a total of 191 deaths were recorded in Australian workplaces. Already in 2016, 125 Australians have been killed at work. The impact these fatalities have on families, co-workers and friends is devastating. So this October, Learning Seat is taking the time to place particular emphasis and focus on health and safety in our workplace, to make sure that all of our workers can return safe and sound to their families and friends. We want to extend our excellent workplace policies and online training to you and your organisation!
Did you know? A work related injury in your organisation costs an average of $116,600. Avoid the financial and psychological impact of workplace injuries by ensuring that your workers are aware of the risks and potential hazards in your workplace. Take action this October, and make sure that everyone contributes to establishing and maintaining a safe work environment by enrolling in Learning Seat’s S.A.F.E. Files Work Health and Safety course.
What does the S.A.F.E. Files Work Health and Safety course offer?
- Assists your workers to identify risks to health and safety in your workplace
- Suggests how to best implement strategies to avoid and minimise risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Assist your workers to identify how they can contribute to work health and safety
- Outlines how to report and respond to a health and safety risk or incident in the workplace.
Don’t work in construction and think that your health isn’t at risk? Well in 2015, across road transport, public administration, accommodation and food services, manufacturing, and healthcare and social assistance, an average of 35% of serious claims were due to body stressing. Familiarise your workers with workplace safety and prevention by enrolling in Learning Seat’s excellent Law at Work Health and Safety course today.
How can the Law at Work Health and Safety course assist your workers?
- Expert knowledge in the workplace health and safety — it’s designed in partnership with award-winning Australian law firm Lander & Rogers.
- Real scenarios to give learners context for workplace health and safety
- Covers incident reporting policies
- Emphasises importance of fire and emergency procedures
- Best of all, our courses are written in simple language and use of graphic images to really engage the learner and increase their knowledge retention!
Do you work in management and want to be responsible for cultivating a safe working environment in your workplace? Then Learning Seat has the right course for you — enrol your management team in our Safety Leadership — Managing Health and Safety in the Workplace course.
This course will inform your management and leadership team about:
1. Creating and embracing a safe work culture
2. Setting up and monitoring a Work Health and Safety (WHS) system
3. Implementing strategies to monitor these protocols and ensure that all workers adhere to your organisation’s WHS system
We also offer courses in a range of specialised areas, so make sure to keep informed and up to date with Learning Seat’s innovative eLearning solutions for your company. Inform your workers about the importance of working conditions in our Working in Hot and Cold Conditions course.
Absolutely essential knowledge for all workplaces is covered in our First Aid Awareness course, while other courses may address the specifics of your working environment in Forklift Safety, Plant Safety, Working at Heights or Office Ergonomics.
Looking for the right workplace health and safety eLearning course for your organisation? Contact us today to get more information about our WHS eLearning offering, or visit us at Stand 6 at the upcoming Work 2.0 Expo and Conference in Sydney October 24-25!