Introduction to Mentoring
We stand at the cusp of a major shift. In an era where investing in people can make or break a business, your ability to keep your talent will set the foundation for the future direction of how your organisational legacy is fulfilled, but how do you ensure the right foundations are laid? Simple – you mentor your key talent.
Mentoring is a cost effective way to inspire and retain your key talent. A good mentoring program shows a dedication and commitment to developing and growing your teams and continuing your organisational legacy.
Mentoring ensures internal knowledge and wisdom is passed down effectively. It creates awareness of how processes and relationships work, whilst tapping into the full potential of a mind hungry for knowledge.
Whether you are a new or experienced mentor, this program gives you the mentoring models and frameworks, skills and tools to hold effective mentoring conversations.
At the successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what mentoring is and what it is not.
- Appreciate that the mentoring interaction is an opportunity to have a positive impact on a mentee’s professional life and development.
- Apply frameworks and models to ensure the mentoring engagement is optimally designed and implemented to accelerate the development of the mentee.
- Design, plan and implement an effective mentoring journey.
- Understand the importance of conversations to the effective mentoring process.
- Demonstrate approaches and skills for an effective mentoring conversation.