Designed to help learners develop the skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor a food safety program across an entire process within a retail food store or department, our new course Monitor Food Safety Program SIRRFSA002A, will help you do just that!
Based on hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP), this course is structured to cover the requirements and Australian standard required for all food safety supervisors, and will ensure that you know the steps to take to:
- Monitor implementation of the food safety plan/program.
- Respond to occurrences of non-compliance.
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
With this course, participants will learn how to supervise, provide support and guidance to frontline team members involved in preparing, displaying and selling food.
At the completion of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Monitor implementation of the food safety program to ensure compliance with legislative requirements, statutory requirements and store procedures.
- Communicate food safety compliance requirements to staff and provide mentoring and coaching.
- Develop schedules and rosters for cleaning tasks, informing team members of their responsibilities. These tasks include waste removal, eradication of insects, pests, vermin and safe storage of chemicals.
- Minimise contamination and spoilage by identifying causes, and responding to occurrences of non-compliance.
- Implement control measures and report non-compliance to store procedures and the food safety program.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by; identifying and reporting potential food safety hazards, reviewing controls, reporting recommended changes and recording food safety information.