It is the responsibility of every gambling provider and its staff to identify problem gamblers and provide them with the information and support that they need, so that they are not taken advantage of.
Applicable to all gambling providers and staff, our new course, Provide Responsible Gambling Services (SITHGAM006A), is designed to help you understand the difference between responsible gambling and problem gambling. It gives you the information you need to take steps to minimise harm to those with a problem. The new course is written in accordance with gaming legislation and the various codes of practice, which are standards adopted by industry as best practice.
There are several reasons why you, as an employer, have a responsibility to help problem gamblers.
In addition to meeting legal obligations to avoiding liability, recognising problem gambling also:
- Assists vulnerable community members
- Helps create a safer, more pleasant working environment, and
- Results in happier customers and a better community image.
Designed by front line industry professionals, Provide Responsible Gambling Services (SITHGAM006A) can help you develop the skills and knowledge required to detect, and if necessary assist a problem gambler. On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment.
At the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Define roles and responsibilities of venue staff.
- Outline appropriate ways to provide information.
- Display and refer requests for information.
- Define what is meant by ‘excluding a patron’.
- Define relevant legislative and codes of practice provisions.
- Recognise problem gambling.
- Define your venue’s financial transactions policy.
- Comply with your venue’s code of practice for advertising and promoting.