Organisations in Australia have an obligation to ensure work is conducted in a safe manner and to protect workers in the workplace. Ensuring that your workers know their rights and responsibilities regarding work health and safety laws is essential for providing safe and healthy work environment.
This course provides legally compliant training covering work health and safety. It covers both the Work Health and Safety Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act to explain why it’s important and what you can do to promote a safe and healthy working environment in your workplace. The content is delivered using simple language and graphic storytelling to engage the learner and improve knowledge retention.
This course was created in partnership with award-winning Australian law firm Lander & Rogers.
This course covers the following topics.
- State and territory definitions of key work health and safety terms
- Harmonised versus non-harmonised workplace health and safety legislation
- Workplace health and safety rights and responsibilities
- The causes of workplace accidents and injuries
- Strategies for preventing workplace accidents and injuries, with a focus on the importance of identifying, reporting and controlling risks
- The hierarchy of control measures
- Personal and organisational impacts of workplace accidents and injuries
- Penalties for breaches of work health and safety legislation.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- describe the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- identify risks to health and safety in the workplace
- identify how you can contribute to work health and safety
- implement strategies to avoid and minimise risks to health and safety in the workplace
- outline how to report and respond to a health and safety risk or incident in the workplace.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and health and safety risks
- protect your organisational brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of health and safety law
- deliver comprehensive and cost-effective health and safety training to a wide range of individuals in the workplace
- strengthen employee engagement by implementing best practice compliance with health and safety laws.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public and private sector workers
- workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 40 minutes to complete.