Did you know that sexual harassment complaints occur more often following a work party? Are your workers aware that the usual workplace laws still apply to work parties?
The purpose of this course is to demonstrate what constitutes appropriate behaviour at work parties, and explain how ‘the workplace’ is defined under workplace laws, the workplace laws that apply to work parties and the potential consequences of breaching those laws.
The course uses a range of realistic scenarios to show appropriate behaviour at work parties.
This course covers the following topics:
- What constitutes ‘the workplace’ under law
- Sexual harassment
- Drugs and alcohol
- Social media.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- recognise that the workplace extends beyond the normal place of work and working hours
- identify inappropriate behaviour at work parties
- identify conduct occurring via social media and electronic communication that could be considered inappropriate or unlawful
- outline the consequences of inappropriate behaviour at work parties
- describe the process for reporting incidents of inappropriate behaviour at work parties.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of inappropriate behaviour at work parties
- better defend any claims relating to inappropriate behaviour at work parties
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to inappropriate behaviour at work parties.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public and private sector workers
- workers across all industries
- workers at all levels of an organisation.
Approximately 15 minutes