Is your organisation prepared for emergencies? Would your workers know what to do if they received a threatening phone call, or how to safely evacuate during a fire or gas leak?
This course has been designed to provide legally compliant information about emergency management in the workplace. It provides a high level overview of the principles of risk assessment, legal obligations, including duty of care, and basic emergency management planning.
This course is responsive, providing the best possible user experience whether deployed on a smartphone, tablet or computer.
This course covers the following topics.
- Definition of emergency management
- Risk assessment
- Hierarchy of control
- Legal obligations
- Emergency management planning for:
- bomb (or similar threats)
- threatening or violent persons
- chemical spills and gas leaks
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- define emergency management
- identify their legal responsibilities and obligations to ensure a safe workplace for everyone
- respond appropriately to a range of potential emergencies in the workplace.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and relevant policies
- raise worker and organisational awareness about the need to assess risk and plan for potential emergencies in the workplace
- mitigate risk in the event of an emergency
- protect organisational brand and reputation
- foster a safe and healthy workplace.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers across all industries
- workers at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 30 minutes to complete.