This course provides an introduction to the Total Quality Management (TQM) philosophy. It provides a brief history of the concept and offers tips on how to implement the TQM philosophy to ensure continuous improvement processes. The TQM philosophy is customer oriented. All members of a TQM organisation strive to systematically manage the improvement of the organisation through the ongoing participation of all employees in problem-solving efforts across functional and hierarchical boundaries.
- Total quality management philosophy
- Implementing TQM
- Training, coaching and mentoring.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Develop strategies to ensure that team members are actively encouraged and supported to participate in decision-making processes and to assume responsibility and exercise initiative as appropriate
- Establish systems to ensure that the organisation’s continuous improvement processes are communicated to all stakeholders
- Develop effective mentoring and coaching processes to ensure that individuals and teams are able to implement and support the organisation’s continuous improvement processes.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Increase productivity
- Improve customer focus and satisfaction
- Improve employee morale
- Strengthen their competitive position
- Adapt more easily to changing or emerging market conditions.
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It is aimed at private- and public-sector organisations.
Approximately one hour