Do you know that you have a role to play in creating and maintaining a safe workplace? Safety culture is everyone’s responsibility – outdoors, on a construction site and in an office.
This course provides compliance training on the harmonised and non-harmonised work health and safety laws that govern Australian workplaces. You will learn why these laws are important and what you can do to promote a safe and healthy working environment in your workplace.
Legal content is contextualised for learners via:
- Real-world scenarios based on case law
- Character point-of-view insights
- Interactive decision points
- Emotional connections to human stories.
This course is created in partnership with award-winning Australian law firm Lander & Rogers.
- Definitions of key work health and safety terms
- Discussion of harmonised and non-harmonised workplace health and safety legislation
- Workplace health and safety rights and responsibilities
- Personal and organisational impacts of workplace accidents and injuries
- The hierarchy of control measures
- Strategies for preventing workplace accidents and injuries
- Possible penalties for breaches of work health and safety legislation
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Identify risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Identify how they can contribute to work health and safety
- Implement strategies to avoid and minimise risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Outline how to report and respond to a health and safety risk or incident in the workplace.
Organisations implementing this course can:
- Reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and health and safety risks
- Protect their organisational brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of health and safety law
- Deliver comprehensive and cost-effective health and safety training to a wide range of individuals in the workplace
- Strengthen employee engagement by implementing best practice compliance with health and safety laws.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- Public- and private-sector workers
- Workers, executives and board members across all industries
- Workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
Approximately 40 minutes
Written in partnership with