This course provides employers and employees with legally compliant training to ensure their organisation meets its obligations under the Victorian Information Privacy (VIP) Act. The course is a traditional text-based module that uses relevant workplace legislation and written scenarios to contextualise workplace law.
- The purpose of the Victorian Information Privacy Act
- Who and what is covered by the Victorian Information Privacy Act
- Consequences of breaching privacy legislation
- Victoria’s Information Privacy Principles
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- State the broad purpose of the Victoria Information Privacy Act
- Define important terms used in the Victorian Information Privacy Act
- Summarise the 10 Victorian Information Privacy Principles
- Apply the Information Privacy Principles to workplace situations.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Reduce the incidence of privacy law breaches
- Better defend any claims relating to privacy law breaches
- Protect their brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of privacy
- Have access to cost-effective privacy law training for all employees
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It is aimed at Victorian agencies (including government departments, local government and public authorities). It encourages general awareness of legally compliant conduct.
Approximately 20 minutes