Are changes or decisions in your workplace communicated effectively and satisfactorily? Do workers have clear instructions for procedures regarding work health and safety (WHS)?
This course provides guidance for both middle and senior levels of management in relation to consultation and communication obligations.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to demonstrate effective communication techniques. It is most effective when used in conjunction with safety-specific courses or applied to safety training.
This course covers the following topics:
- why consultation is important
- when to consult with workers
- effective consultation
- how to consult with workers
- how to consult, cooperate and coordinate activities.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- create a communication and consultation process to facilitate hazard identification, risk control and the resolution of safety issues in the workplace
- explain why WHS legislation obliges organisations to form health and safety committees
- resolve WHS issues in consultation with their Health and Safety Representatives.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- facilitate a culture of best-practice WHS standards
- improve worker behaviour in relation to WHS
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- minimise increases in the cost of WorkCover premiums
- protect its brand and reputation
- promote the importance of having a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for leaders:
- in the public and private sectors
- across all industries.
Approximately 20 minutes.