Do you know how to report a safety incident if one occurs? Does your workplace have procedures in place to investigate such incidents?
Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for everyone. This course sets out the steps they should take to properly manage safety incidents in the workplace if and when they occur.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to demonstrate correct incident reporting. It is most effective when used in conjunction with other work health and safety (WHS) and communication training.
This course covers the following topics:
- reporting incidents
- investigating incidents.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- report an incident
- investigate an incident.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- facilitate a culture of best-practice WHS standards
- improve worker behaviour in relation to WHS
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- minimise increases in the cost of WorkCover premiums
- protect its brand and reputation
- promote the importance of having a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for leaders:
- in the public and private sectors
- across all industries.
Approximately 20 minutes.