Do your workers know what to do in a workplace emergency? Does your workplace communicate its emergency plans effectively?
Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for everyone. This course is designed for those leaders who need to make and review workplace emergency plans.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to demonstrate correct emergency planning. It is most effective when used in conjunction with other work health and safety (WHS) and communication training.
This course covers the following topics:
- being prepared
- how to formulate an emergency plan
- reviewing your emergency plan.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- formulate a workplace emergency plan
- review a workplace emergency plan.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- facilitate a culture of best-practice WHS standards
- improve worker behaviour in relation to WHS
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- minimise increases in the cost of WorkCover premiums
- protect its brand and reputation
- promote the importance of having a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for leaders:
- in the public and private sectors
- across all industries.
Approximately 20 minutes.