Does your workplace promote a safety culture for all workers? Do your workers know how to reduce risk?
Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for everyone. This course is designed for those leaders who need to understand and effectively manage risk in the workplace.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to demonstrate effective work health and safety (WHS) procedures. It is most effective when used in conjunction with other WHS and communication training.
This course covers the following topics:
- managing commitment
- reasons to create and embrace a safety culture
- what to do to reduce risk.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- create and embrace a safety culture
- set up a WHS system
- implement strategies to ensure all employees adhere to a WHS system.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- facilitate a culture of best-practice WHS standards
- improve worker behaviour in relation to WHS
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- minimise increases in the cost of WorkCover premiums
- protect its brand and reputation
- promote the importance of having a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for leaders:
- in the public and private sectors
- across all industries.
Approximately 20 minutes.