Do you work in a cash-handling business? Did you know that armed robbery is the third most violent crime in Australia? Would you know how to help your workers best survive an armed robbery in your workplace?
Survive Armed Robbery has been designed to provide workers with the information they need to improve their chances of surviving an armed robbery in their workplace.
It uses a range of videos featuring convicted armed robbers and armed robbery victims. The videos are intended to help workers understand how and why armed robberies might occur and how they should respond during and after an armed robbery.
Survive Armed Robbery cannot guarantee survival or absence of injury, either physical or psychological, for any person who experiences an armed robbery. This is a safety awareness course and cannot account for any unpredictable human behaviour during an armed robbery. The course is intended to supplement existing workplace policies and procedures. At the time filming was completed (2006), the convicted armed robbers in these videos had served the full terms of their sentences.
This course covers the following topics:
- armed robbery safety procedures
- how to cope during and after an armed robbery
- how to recognise potentially dangerous behaviour.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- implement safety measures during and after an armed robbery
- recognise unpredictable and potentially dangerous behaviour.
By implementing this course, your business can improve workplace safety procedures during and after an armed robbery, thereby increasing workers’ chances of surviving an armed robbery.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- workers in the private and public sectors
- workers across all cash-handling industries
- workers in small and cash-handling businesses.
This course should take about 20 minutes to complete.