The public service is under increasing pressure to demonstrate transparency and accountability. Yet policies or procedures often provide workers with little information about how to demonstrate this behaviour.
This course aims to introduce public servants to the Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service (the Code) and provide them with a greater understanding of how they are expected to carry themselves. It will also give them an appreciation and understanding of the ethical demands placed upon them.
The behavioural standards in this course align with the Queensland Public Sector Capability and Leadership Framework.
This course covers the following topics:
- introduction to the Code
- standards of conduct
- a decision-making model.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- describe the Queensland Public Service standards of conduct
- seek out and apply the Code of Conduct
- identify conduct that is ethical, professional, responsible and accountable
- utilise a decision-making model to help determine what to do when confronted with an ethical dilemma
- seek assistance from knowledge bases to assist in day-to-day conduct as a public service employee.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- protect its organisational brand and reputation from damage related to failure to comply with behaviours outlined in the Code
- deliver comprehensive and cost-effective code of conduct training
- strengthen employee engagement by implementing best-practice compliance with the Code
- increase productivity by giving workers the skills to develop strong, ethical working relationships.
The content contained in this course is suitable for workers in the Queensland Public Service.
Approximately 45 minutes