Do you know which types of market conduct are prohibited, either strictly or conditionally? Could you recognise a misuse of market power?
Written in partnership with Lander & Rogers, Compliance Essentials – Restrictive Trade Practices will provide workers with a general awareness of the restrictive trade practices provisions contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA). It covers trade practices that are strictly prohibited, conditionally prohibited or amount to a misuse of market power. The course discusses the investigative and enforcement powers of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) as well as codes of practice for specific industries.
The content is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise responsibilities and conduct related to competition law.
The course is responsive – providing an optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer.
This course covers:
- strictly prohibited restrictive trade practices
- conditionally prohibited restrictive trade practices
- misuses of market power
- ACCC powers and remedies
- industry codes of conduct.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- outline key principles of competition law and explain why they are important
- outline some key principles of strictly prohibited and conditionally prohibited restrictive trade practices and explain why these are important
- outline some key principles misuse of market power and explain why these are important
- outline a range of legal consequences of breaching competition law.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the risk of contravening the restrictive trade practices prohibitions of the CCA
- better defend against claims arising from breaches of competition law
- reduce the risk of reputational damage arising from such claims.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 25 minutes to complete.