Did you know that all workers are responsible for ensuring a healthy and safe work environment? Or that you must take reasonable care not just for your own safety, but also for the safety of others, including customers and visitors?
Written in partnership with leading law firm Lander & Rogers, Compliance Essentials – Work Health and Safety outlines the legal framework concerning work health and safety, and the specific responsibilities within different levels of an organisation. It also makes clear that we all have a role to play in making our workplaces safe. Additionally, the course provides an overview of workplace hazards and risks, the risk management process and risk control measures.
The content is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise responsibilities and behaviour related to work health and safety.
The course is responsive – providing an optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer.
This course covers:
- legislation and obligations concerning work health and safety
- how everyone is responsible for safety in the workplace
- the importance of communication and consultation regarding work health and safety
- hazards, risks, and risk management and controls.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- describe the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- identify risks to health and safety in the workplace
- identify how they can contribute to work health and safety
- implement strategies to avoid and minimise risks to health and safety in the workplace
- outline how to report and respond to a health and safety risk or incident in the workplace.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the risk of exposure to workplace safety incidents, including related prosecution or claims
- promote effective identification and communication of workplace safety issues and incidents
- promote the importance of a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 20 minutes to complete.