Do your workers know their rights as consumers? Would they know what to do if they suspected a breach of consumer law? Does your organisation know its obligations as a provider of goods and services?
This course has been designed as a refresher to foundation consumer law compliance training, so that your workers can stay up-to-date with their duties and obligations under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
At the beginning of the course, a pre-assessment determines the learner’s knowledge gaps so that they will only be required to consume content related to the areas they’ve been identified as deficient in.
The course contains videos, infographics and risk management strategies, presented in the style of interactive social media sites. It’s also responsive, enabling optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer, so users can complete their training on their preferred device.
This course covers the following topics.
- Consumer rights
- Fair and ethical conduct
- Remedies and penalties
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- identify key legislation and principles relating to consumer law
- describe the key consumer law obligations and why they are important
- outline the rights of consumers in different types of transactions
- demonstrate an applied understanding of key consumer laws
- list some of the consequences for both organisations and workers when consumer laws are breached.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of consumer law breaches
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to such breaches
- ensure that your workers are aware of their obligations under the ACL
- deliver comprehensive time and cost-effective consumer law training to a wide range of workers
- strengthen worker engagement by implementing best practice compliance with ACL obligations.
The content contained in this course is suitable for workers:
- across the public and private sectors
- at all levels of an organisation
- that are ethnically and linguistically diverse
- that have a broad range of technical skills.
Depending on the learner’s pre-assessment results, the course will take up to 25 minutes to complete.