Are all your workers aware of the potential impact that a cybersecurity breach can have on your organisation? Do they all understand their role in protecting your organisation against a cybersecurity incident?
This course has been designed to demonstrate to your workers that we all have an active role to play in defending the workplace against a cyber threat. The content is delivered in an engaging game format, which invites the user to take on missions as a ‘Cyber Agent’. In this role, the user is asked to work through two contextualised case studies, and to apply their cybersecurity skills and knowledge in an interactive environment.
Learning Seat recommends pairing this course with our Cybersecurity Incidents – Management and Obligations course, which is targeted at senior management and executive teams and covers what the consequences a breach can have on an organisation. We also recommend you train your managers, Executive Team and IT team in our Cybersecurity Incidents – How to Respond course, which will establish your workers’ knowledge of the various processes and plans you should have in place in responding to a cybersecurity incident.
This course is responsive, enabling optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer, so users can complete their training on their preferred device.
This course covers the following topics.
- Malware attack – case study
- Phishing email – case study
- Game activities that build knowledge and skills about cybersecurity, including:
- types of cybersecurity incidents
- the Privacy Act
- consequences of cybersecurity incidents
- password security and strength
- software updates
- spotting a fake email
- protecting customer data
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
• define cybersecurity and describe why it is important
• identify the types of events considered cybersecurity incidents
• describe their and their organisation’s obligations to protect personal information
• identify actions that will protect their organisation against cybersecurity incidents.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
• ensure all workers have a sound knowledge of how they can prevent a cybersecurity incident
• ensure that cybersecurity incidents are dealt with efficiently and effectively
• protect its brand and reputation from the negative consequences of cybersecurity incidents
• apply knowledge and methods provided to avoid cybersecurity incidents from eventuating.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 15 minutes to complete.