Although many of us believe we apply logic and reason in our decision-making, we’re all biased. The reality is that we all have biases that are so ingrained we hardly notice them.
In the workplace, unconscious biases can impact who we recruit, how we allocate work, and key business decisions. Unconscious bias is also a key barrier to achieving diversity progress and creating inclusive work environments.
The content in this bundle explains the value of a diverse and inclusive workplace, and encourages leaders to recognise and challenge unconscious biases that may get in the way. On completing the learning bites in the bundle, learners should be able to confidently reflect upon – and challenge – their own thinking, decision-making processes and approaches to leadership. The training includes practical strategies to help leaders create a more inclusive team culture.
The training is optimised for smartphone delivery and responsive across all devices – allowing users to complete their training on the go, any time.
The learning bites can be purchased separately or together as a bundle.
Learning Bite 1 – Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
- Define what diversity means, and the characteristics of an inclusive work culture
- Identify the benefits of workplace diversity and inclusion
Learning Bite 2 – Understanding and Challenging Unconscious Bias
- Identify examples of unconscious bias in a workplace setting
- Recognise unconscious bias occurring in a workplace setting
Learning Bite 3 – Strategies for Tackling Unconscious Bias
- Identify different strategies for tackling unconscious bias in a workplace setting
- List actions that you can take to become a more inclusive leader
By implementing this bundle, your organisation can:
- create high-performance through leveraging the diversity of thinking, perspective and backgrounds of team members
- build understanding of unconscious bias and our reactions to difference in the workplace, and the impact these have on our decision-making
- demonstrate the commercial value of creating an inclusive workplace that supports diversity
- develop new or modified leadership behaviours, practices and structural supports to maximise the benefits of diversity and create a more inclusive work environment.
The content contained in this bundle is suitable for managers and leaders across all industries and sectors.