This course provides employers and recruitment professionals with training that ensures they follow best practice recruitment guidelines for EEO. The course is focused on helping learners understand how to comply with relevant federal and state legislation and employ anti-discriminatory practices in recruitment. The course is a traditional text- based module that explains relevant EEO recruitment guidelines and uses written scenarios to contextualise workplace law.
- Overview of state and federal EEO legislation
- Best practice EEO recruitment guidelines
- Prohibited conduct
- Direct and indirect discrimination.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- State the purpose of EEO and anti-discrimination legislation
- Define direct and indirect discrimination
- Identify the legal consequences of discriminatory hiring practices
- List the business benefits of following recruitment best practice.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Reduce the incidence of EEO law breaches
- Better defend any claims relating to EEO law breaches
- Protect their brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of EEO law
- Have access to cost-effective EEO training for all employees
- Achieve the highest standards of anti-discriminatory practices in recruitment.
This course is designed to be delivered to employers involved in the recruitment process and recruitment agents. It encourages general awareness of legally compliant conduct and best practice.
Approximately 20 minutes