Do you know your responsibilities regarding the safety of your workers when operating forklifts? Do you have procedures in place to assess and manage the risks posed by forklifts?
This course has been designed to provide forklift operators, and those who work around forklifts, with an understanding of risk assessment, risk management and safe practice.
It uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to outline some common forklift-related accidents and strategies to prevent them. It includes a list of 10 key safety tips available to download as a separate resource.
This course covers the following topics:
- workplace health and safety duties of employers and workers
- risk assessment responsibilities of employers and forklift operators
- risk management process
- the hierarchy of control measures
- protective devices
- strategies for preventing common forklift related accidents
- ten key forklift safety tips.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- recognise the key obligations of workplace health and safety
- describe the workplace responsibilities related to forklift risk assessments
- outline a four-step process to manage risk
- identify common forklift hazards and risks and how to prevent injury
- list common forklift safety tips.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- facilitate a culture of best practice work health and safety standards
- improve worker behaviour in relation to work health and safety and forklift operation
- reduce the incidents of forklift-related injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- protect organisation brand and reputation
- promote the importance of a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- workers who operate or work around forklifts
- new and experienced forklift operators
- organisations in all sectors.
This course should take about 25 minutes to complete.