How seriously do you take hand hygiene? Do you know the best way to wash your hands to prevent the spread of infections?
Effective hand hygiene is the single most important strategy in preventing the spread of infections. This course has been designed to provide guidance on safe hand hygiene practices and an understanding of why they are critical.
The course covers a range of situations and areas that require hand-washing, as well as different cleaning agents and methods to use. It demonstrates correct hand hygiene with simple animations and graphics and includes knowledge-based questions throughout. It also introduces Hans, your hand hygiene mentor, who gives handy tips about hand hygiene throughout the course.
This course is responsive, enabling optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer, so learners can complete their training on their preferred device.
This course covers the following topics.
- Overview of hand hygiene
- The importance of hand hygiene
- Five moments of hand hygiene
- The two zones of hand hygiene
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- define what hand hygiene is
- define why hand hygiene is important
- demonstrate how to use cleaning agents properly
- list the five moments for hand hygiene
- locate the two zones of hand hygiene.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- implement cost-effective training about the importance of hand hygiene
- better prevent incidents involving poor hand hygiene.
The content contained in this course is suitable for workers across all organisations, with a specific section for the healthcare sector. The content is suitable for culturally and linguistically diverse audiences with a broad range of technical skills.
The course will take up to 15 minutes to complete.