Communication is a vital ingredient of the workplace today, but unless the process is effective, it will not fulfil its purpose. It is important then, that workers are able to exchange information effectively in the workplace and try to avoid being misunderstood. This course examines the intricacies of communication, its behaviours and the positive effects of active listening. It also looks at the different ways in which we communicate face to face, that is, verbal and non-verbal.
- Communication behaviour
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Barriers to effective communication.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Define communication behaviour
- Describe strategies to communicate more effectively with others using verbal and non-verbal communication
- Identify barriers to effective communication
- Describe strategies to overcome communication barriers in the workplace.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Improve worker morale
- Increase productivity
- Increase efficiency of teams
- Reduce job stress and anxiety in workers.
This course is designed to be delivered to all people in your organisation.
Approximately 40 minutes