This course provides an overview and introduction to the tasks associated with the recruitment cycle. This course focuses on providing an overview of where recruitment practices fit with other human resources functions and the development of skills and knowledge to plan the tasks required for the recruitment, selection and induction of staff.
- Overview of recruitment practices
- Plan tasks required for recruitment process
- Scheduling interviews
- Developing interview questions
- Short-listing candidates
- Conducting interviews
- Selecting staff
- Inducting successful candidates.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the human resources life cycle and the key stages in the recruitment and selection process
- Write job descriptions, advertisements and selection criteria
- Recognise equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination legislation
- Plan the interview
- Develop and sequence interview questions
- Recognise which questions may be inappropriate
- Screen and short-list applicants
- Schedule and conduct interviews
- Select and finalise successful candidates
- Check references
- Provide formal offers of employment
- Organise induction and orientation.
Organisations implementing this course will:
- Attract the best candidates to apply for vacant positions
- Select the most suitable candidates for vacant positions
- Grow and develop through having the right people to meet future challenges
- Develop an effective team culture.
This course is designed to be delivered organisation-wide. It applies specifically to people leading a team, aspiring leaders and those responsible for recruiting and inducting employees.
Approximately 90 minutes.