Compliance with consumer law obligations is critical for a successful and ethical business. It’s imperative that the executive and senior management are familiar with these obligations so that they can ensure their conduct complies with Australian consumer law and that the conduct of the entire workforce is also compliant.
In this course you’ll learn about the responsible application of consumer law, discover what your legal obligations are regarding the promotion and provision of goods and services, and explore what the consequences of a breach of this law might be.
Legal content is contextualised for learners via:
- Real-world scenarios based on case law
- Interactive decision points.
This course was created in partnership with award-winning Australian law firm Lander & Rogers.
- Business obligations under the Australian Consumer Law in relation to consumer guarantees and unconscionable conduct
- Express and manufacturer’s warranties
- Examples of breaches of consumer guarantees
- Definitions of major faults and defects of goods or services
- Remedies and consequences for breaches of consumer guarantees
- Examples of unconscionable conduct
- Remedies and consequences of unconscionable conduct
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe their consumer law obligations and why they are important
- Identify key legislation and principles relating to consumer law
- Outline the rights of consumers in different types of transactions
- List some of the consequences for both organisations and workers when consumer laws are breached
- Demonstrate an applied understanding of key consumer laws.
Organisations implementing this course can:
- Reduce the incidence of consumer law breaches.
- Protect organisational brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of consumer law obligations.
- Deliver comprehensive and cost-effective consumer law training to a wide range of individuals in the workplace.
- Strengthen employee engagement by implementing best practice compliance with consumer law obligations.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- Public and private sector workers
- Workers, with a focus on executives and board members across all industries
- Workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
Approximately 30 minutes