Do you know that you have a role to play in creating and maintaining a safe workplace? Safety culture is everyone’s responsibility – outdoors, on a construction site and in an office.
This course provides compliance training on the harmonised and non-harmonised work health and safety laws that govern Australian workplaces. You will learn why these laws are important and what you can do to promote a safe and healthy working environment in your workplace.
Legal content is contextualised for learners via:
- real world scenarios based on case law
- character point of view insights
- interactive decision points
- emotional connections to human stories.
This course is created in partnership with award-winning Australian law firm Lander & Rogers.
This course covers the following topics.
- Definitions of key work health and safety terms
- Discussion of harmonised and non-harmonised workplace health and safety legislation
- Workplace health and safety rights and responsibilities
- Personal and organisational impacts of workplace accidents and injuries
- The hierarchy of control measures
- Strategies for preventing workplace accidents and injuries
- Possible penalties for breaches of work health and safety legislation
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- describe the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- identify risks to health and safety in the workplace
- identify how they can contribute to work health and safety
- implement strategies to avoid and minimise risks to health and safety in the workplace
- outline how to report and respond to a health and safety risk or incident in the workplace.
Organisations implementing this course can:
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and health and safety risks
- protect their organisational brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of health and safety law
- deliver comprehensive and cost-effective health and safety training to a wide range of individuals in the workplace
- strengthen employee engagement by implementing best practice compliance with health and safety laws.
The content contained in this course is suitable for:
- public- and private-sector workers
- workers, executives and board members across all industries
- workers, executives and board members at all levels of an organisation.
This course should take about 40 minutes to complete.
Written in partnership with