Is your workstation set up correctly? Do you know how to improve your posture in order to avoid injury?
This course has been designed to provide workers with the information they need to set up ergonomically sound, office-based workstations. It will enable them to help prevent injuries and improve comfort, health and safety in the workplace.
The course asks learners for information on a range of topics and provides personalised instruction based on the information they provide. The course content is evidence-based and was developed by a leading Certified Professional Ergonomist.
This course covers the following topics:
- correct workstation set-up
- postural adjustment
- preventing injuries at work
- efficiency at work
- transporting office equipment
- activity-based work principles
- sit/stand working principles.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- apply ergonomic principles to correctly set up their workstation
- identify factors that will improve their health and comfort at work
- apply ergonomic principles as part of a hot-desk arrangement at work
- describe agile work practices to maintain activity-based work during the day.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- demonstrate a commitment to complying with work health and safety legislation
- reduce the risk of workers’ compensation claims due to improperly set up workstations
- improve the overall health and safety of workers
- promote the importance of a healthy work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for all office-based workers in your organisation.
Approximately 15 minutes
Brought to you by