Australian privacy legislation is the framework that governs how organisations uphold the privacy rights of individuals. So, are your workers aware of what constitutes personal or sensitive information? Do they handle this information in accordance with Australian privacy legislation?
This course has been designed as a refresher to foundation privacy compliance training, so that your workers can stay up-to-date with their duties and obligations under Australian law.
At the beginning of the course, a pre-assessment determines the learner’s knowledge gaps so that they will only be required to consume content related to the areas they’ve been identified as deficient in.
The course contains videos, infographics and risk management strategies, presented in the style of interactive social media sites. It’s also responsive, enabling optimal user experience on smartphone, tablet and desktop computer, so users can complete their training on their preferred device.
This course covers the following topics.
- Privacy and the law
- The Privacy Act
- Privacy and personal information
- The APPs
- Privacy breaches
- Consequences for individuals and businesses
- Responding to a privacy breach
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- describe the sources of privacy law in Australia and why privacy law is important
- identify what information is protected by privacy law and subject to additional regulation
- apply the appropriate privacy guidelines when collecting, using, storing and disclosing personal information
- list the consequences of breaching privacy law
- outline how to manage breaches of privacy
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- increase your workers’ awareness of privacy policies and procedures
- increase your workers’ understanding of the APPs and how privacy guidelines apply when collecting, using, storing and disclosing personal information
- ensure your workers are aware of the potential consequences of privacy breaches
- better defend any claims arising from breaches of privacy law
- reduce the risk of reputational damage arising from such claims.
The content contained in this course is suitable for workers:
- in the private sector
- at all levels of an organisation
- that are ethnically and linguistically diverse
- that have a broad range of technical skills.
Depending on the learner’s pre-assessment results, the course will take up to 25 minutes to complete.