Do you know your obligations when managing information in your organisation? Would you know if your actions were in breach of Queensland’s Information Privacy Act?
This course will provide workers in the Queensland public sector with legally compliant training to ensure your organisation meets its obligations under the Queensland Information Privacy Act.
The content is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise relevant workplace legislation.
This course covers the following topics
- What information privacy is
- What personal information is
- Information Privacy Principles
- Your responsibilities
- Privacy complaints
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- outline their obligations as a worker of a public sector agency to observe the Information Privacy Principles
- apply the requirements of the Information Privacy Principles in particular situations in their workplace.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of privacy breaches
- better defend any claims relating to privacy breaches
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of privacy
- have access to cost-effective privacy training for all workers.
The content contained in this course is suitable for workers within the Queensland public sector.
This course should take about 30 minutes to complete.