Do you know your obligations when managing personal information in your organisation? Would you know if your actions were in breach of Victoria’s Health Privacy Principles?
This course will provide workers in the Victorian health sector with legally compliant training to ensure your organisation meets its obligations under the Victorian Health Records Act 2001.
The content is presented in a traditional elearning format and features written scenarios to contextualise relevant workplace legislation.
This course covers the following topics.
- What information privacy is
- What health information is
- Health Privacy Principles
- Your responsibilities.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- identify how the Victorian Health Records Act 2001 protects the privacy of individuals’ health information
- describe the 11 Health Privacy Principles (HPPs)
- explain the manner in which health information is collected and handled
- define their responsibilities when collecting and handling health information.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of privacy breaches
- better defend any claims relating to privacy breaches
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of privacy
- have access to cost-effective privacy training for all workers.
The content contained in this course is suitable for workers at all levels within the Victorian health sector.
This course should take about 30 minutes to complete.