Did you know that you have legal obligations regarding the records you keep?
This course will provide employers and employees with the legally compliant training to ensure your organisation meets its obligations under the Victorian Public Records Act 1973. Written in consultation with Eassure Pty Ltd, the course is a scenario-based module that is focused on listing relevant workplace legislation and using written scenarios to contextualise workplace law.
This course covers the following topics:
- definition of a record
- record forms
- record keeping responsibilities
- disposal of records.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- define ‘record’ and ‘public record’
- identify the many forms of records
- recognise who is responsible for managing records
- understand which records can be disposed of.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- reduce the incidence of record-keeping breaches
- better defend any claims relating to record-keeping breaches
- protect its brand and reputation from damage related to breaches of record keeping
- have access to cost-effective record-keeping training for all employees.
The content contained in this course is suitable for all workers in the Victorian public sector.
Approximately 20 minutes