Have you encountered any health and safety risks at work? Are your workers able to identify hazards, assess risks and implement controls?
Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for everyone. This course is designed for those leaders who need to understand and effectively manage risk in the workplace.
The course uses a range of likely workplace scenarios to demonstrate effective work health and safety (WHS) procedures. It is most effective when used in conjunction with other WHS and communication training.
This course covers the following topics:
- following the risk management process
- consulting your workers
- how to identify a risk
- how to assess a risk
- the hierarchy of risk control.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify a hazard
- Assess the risk posed by a hazard
- Develop controls
- Review and monitor your risk management process.
By implementing this course your organisation can:
- facilitate a culture of best-practice WHS standards
- improve worker behaviour in relation to WHS
- reduce the incidence of workplace injuries, accidents and near misses
- minimise the risk of exposure to prosecution
- minimise increases in the cost of WorkCover premiums
- protect its brand and reputation
- promote the importance of a safe work environment for all.
The content contained in this course is suitable for leaders:
- in the public and private sectors
- across all industries.
Approximately 20 minutes.